Thursday 9 July 2015

London

It’s the noise, the speed, the attitude. It’s every tiny detail that makes London the best place to get lost and find yourself.

 It’s so big that it will swallow you up and spit you out as a whole new person- it will leave you as a person you didn’t even know you needed when you arrived. You become a happy, confident and collected person just by being there, just like the person who helped you escape whatever it was that made you need to escape to the city in the first place.

It’s dangerous and dirty but that is just another layer to it’s appeal. You have to fight and work your way into the London lifestyle until you have earned your place and can wear it like a badge of honour.

It’s the security of being surrounded by hundreds of people at a time and still being unseen and unembarrassed.

It’s the racing of your heart as you board the Underground, the tension slipping away as you immerse yourself in Bankside and the breathless feelings after dashing through Oxford Street.

All of this is what built my love for London. With every visit I find myself falling deeper into the romance of a lifetime. It is where I belong, the place I was born to be a part of but denied by fate and circumstance. It’s everything I could ever want and more- just beyond my fingertips.    


But not for much longer; so London, my darling London- I shall return to you soon. 

(This was inspired by a trip to London I went on recently to see Measure for Measure at the Globe with some of my dearest friends; Nat, Hannah, Hope and a few other English Literature students- including Natalie and Hope whose amazing blogs I will link at the end- so I thought it fitting to include some of the photos I took. ) 












Hope's Blog- xdumxspiroxsperox.blogspot.co.uk/
Nat's Blog- roaritsnat.blogspot.com






















No comments:

Post a Comment