Tuesday 7 July 2015

When Adonis Met Aphrodite

I saw a goddess on the bus today- her tights were laddered and it seemed that her very existence was supported by black coffee and vodka, yet she was still breathtaking. With her eyeliner all smudged and her lipstick smeared from a night of god-knows what; it was obvious that she was a heartbreaker. A woman that constantly has men falling at her feet and drowning in her attention.

With the remnants of the night before still lingering on her skin- the intentions of lecherous men were the last things on her mind. Instead she busied herself with chipping away the last of her black nail polish, fiddling with a neon pink lighter and trying to keep her balance on her broken, blood red heel. 

She moved towards the front of the bus and as she passed I caught an intoxicating scent of vanilla perfume blended with cigarette smoke- the type of smell that would be sickening on anyone but her.Our shoulders brushed her pale bare skin lightly grazing my leather jacket and I saw her shudder.

I knew it then- somehow I would find her again and the whole world would know our names, the two of us would be legends and our love story would go down in history. We would be the the inspiration for some of the greatest love songs, the muse of some of the greatest works of art to ever be created.

We could take on anything, bring the world to a stop, force society to it's knees with our love; and I would do it- I will do it all for that girl.

I will know her in every sense of the word- the silly little things that she hides behind that mask of stone, the things that make her laugh, the things that make her cry, I will know how to make her angry and know how to calm her down again. And she will know the same of me. She is the my complimentary piece- the girl I was made for; I know it.

I could see it all so clearly, as if it had already happened. We would break each other apart- tear at the other until nothing but raw wounds remain. Then slowly, piece by piece, we put each other back together again- to become a pair so strong, with a bond so strong, that not even the Gods themselves would be able to break us apart.  

But then my daydream was broken as we both stepped forward, the bus slowing to a stop, and as we were about to part ways she gave me the subtlest wink- and Zeus, it felt like I'd seen light for the first time.



No comments:

Post a Comment