Monday 3 August 2015

Launching the Beauty Tab

So it’s Monday night and as is tradition, I am doing nothing but killing time on the internet and eating various questionable snacks, apples with peanut butter or croutons anyone? Whilst on my second apple I decided to try and make my evening somewhat productive and making note of some blogpost ideas which is when something occurred to me; despite creating this blog with the intention of writing about beauty, a subject which I love to talk about, and creating a whole tab on this blog dedicated to that very topic- I have never actually written a typically beauty related post.

So here I am, with little inspiration if I’m honest, however I felt that it would make sense for me to first introduce the beauty side of my blogging personality in a somewhat formal way, and what better way to do that than by doing a tag? So instead of doing the regular tag that has been done a 100 times over, I’ve compiled a series of questions from all different tags and added a couple of my own that will give you a general insight into what I’m like as a beauty blogger which I will answer as bluntly honest as I possibly can.

11)      Name a beauty regimen that you rarely do.
I guess that would have to be skincare, I’m ashamed to admit I don’t have a real routine for this, I just cleanse with whatever I saw in Boots that month that would help whatever was going on with my annoyingly combination/ acne prone skin and my Simple moisturiser

22)      Do you wash your makeup brushes regularly?
I wish I could say yes with confidence but really that is a matter of opinion. I give my brushes a quick clean every week or so and I’m now getting into the habit of cleaning them properly at least once a month if not every two weeks- baby steps.

33)      How long does it take you to put on your makeup?
This is completely dependent on the situation. On a regular day it usually takes somewhere between 15 minutes to an hour, depending on whether I have overslept or whether I have the motivation to try. If I’m going out for a night out It can take anywhere between one to two hours.

44)      Will you leave the house without wearing makeup?
Absolutely not- I have so much respect for women who can go about their day barefaced, but personally it is completely out of the question. I’m really insecure and makeup is like my armour- it gives me strength and just makes me feel more positive- you can tell how I feel about the way I look just by what my mood is like, chances are if I’m being grumpy it’s because I’m having a ‘bad makeup day’ or ‘bad body image day’.

55)      How many high end products do you have?
I am fortunate enough to have a reasonably sized collection of high end products considering the wages I get from my part time job. At the moment my favourites are my new MAC lipstick which is the Viva Glam II or my Urban Decay NYC palette.

66)      Name the 5 makeup products you couldn’t live without.
My Rimmel ‘Wake Me Up’ concealer in ‘Light’, my Rimmel ’25 hour lasting finish’ foundation in ‘Ivory’, my MAC eyebrow pencil in ‘Lingering’, my Rimmel ‘Scandaleyes’ eyeliner and my all go to nudey-pink lipstick- Revlon Colourburst in ‘Elusive’.
77)      What time do you get up and go to sleep?
I go to sleep anywhere between 10.30PM and 5AM depending on how tired I am from the day’s activity however no matter what time I go to sleep it’s impossible for me to sleep in past 10AM. I have found that I work the best with between four and 5 hours sleep, even though it doesn’t help the bags under my eyes.

88)      Which beauty product gives you the most confidence?
Definitely concealer/foundation- I have a lot of blemishes, spots and redness on my skin a lot of the time in addition to my natural dark circles- so concealer and foundation give me a lot more confidence and hide my problem areas. 

99)      Describe your every day style.
This is difficult because my ‘style’ seems to be quite eclectic. I have some very grunge elements (like my collection of denim, flannel and Doc Martens), then some more classic pieces (think lots of monochrome and little black dresses), my more vintage pieces (50’s dresses will always have a place in my heart) and finally my more vintage/boho selection (lots of floral, lace and shirt dresses).

And finally...
110)   Your favourite beauty related activities.
I genuinely love shopping, whether it is online or actually within a store- I especially love Etsy and Depop for unusual/ unavailable pieces and I could spend days in Selfridges without ever getting bored. I also really enjoy doing my makeup- I will happily spend hours in the evening playing with my makeup, finding new techniques and creating new looks, and my makeup collection is my pride and joy.

So here is my way of introducing you to my more beauty focused area of my blog- of course I will continue with my more creative posts and my rambley, train of thought post as well- consider this my way of sharing another layer of my personality with you all. I can continue to post my creative work with my random bursts of feminism alongside the posts about my August favourites and top 10 cleansers.

I hope you will be interested enough to read my take on this widely blogged about subject.

Lots of Love,
Georgia xx


No comments:

Post a Comment