Tuesday 3 February 2015

Once Upon A Time

Once upon a time I lived for fairytales.

I would stay up until midnight reading story books- coveting them like diamonds- drinking in the promises of magic, princes and a happily ever afters. My life was lived waiting for the twist in my tale, the magic spell that would push me into a whole new world with some funny words and a magic carpet ride. I couldn’t wait to escape to the royal ball, where I could wear a beautiful dress and dance with the man of my dreams.

I thought I found it once. I found a boy with a sparkling smile and a smouldering expression that could make me melt in seconds. He promised me the world so I spent months, years chasing him on his white horse- waiting for him to whisk me away to Neverland. But it slowly dawned on me that this Beast would never become a Prince, and that no fairy godmother could fix the mess I was in. I was lost in the woods, with no cottage for sanctuary and no huntsman to come to the rescue.


I don’t believe in fairytales anymore- there will be no happily ever after for me. 


1 comment:

  1. There will be a happily ever after for you, it just isnt as easy as it is in stories, it will be worth it though becuase when it happens, you will be so very happy :) x

    ReplyDelete